Tax day is tomorrow (Thursday April 15th). Whether you’ve already filed your taxes, are waiting to stand in line at the post office tomorrow, or have filed an extension, here are some great free food offers that local restaurants and stores are offering to help alleviate the pressure of tax day!
- Taco Del Mar Free Taco. Go here to fill out an application to receive your “free taco 1099” via email, ie. your printable coupon for your free taco. To find your local store click here. The only N. VA location I see is in Annandale, VA.
- Maggie Moos Ice Cream Relief. Get a free sample of their ice cream pizza from 3 pm – 7 pm. Click here to find a list of participating stores (in Northern VA, participating stores are: 2 locations in Arlington, 1 in Ashburn, 1 in Fairfax, 1 in Stafford, 1 in Winchester). No coupon necessary.
- Cinnabon Bakeries Two Free Cupcake Bites. Tax Day Bites (ie. up to 2 mini cupcakes) is available at participating mall-based stores from 6 pm – 8 pm. To find your local store click here. I suggest calling to confirm before you make the trip out. No coupon necessary.
- Starbucks Free Brewed Coffee. On April 15th bring in a travel mug and get a free brewed cup of coffee (presumably poured into your travel mug)! More details on my post here. No coupon necessary.
- Chipotle B1G1 Free. Buy a Burrito on April 15th and keep your receipt to redeem for a free burrito, burrito bol, or salad on April 17th or 18th. Most local DC area stores I called said that they are participating, but I suggest you click here to find your local store and call to confirm before heading out. No coupon necessary, but you need to keep your receipt and possibly fill out a form when you return on the 17th or 18th for your free burrito/meal. I apologize and am pretty upset that the Chipotle personnel at the 3 locations I called in N. VA. apparently gave me mis-information… this deal was good last year, but apparently not this year. Chipotle has a pattern of not announcing hot deals like this on their website (example: free burrito on Halloween when you come dressed as a burrito, and also last year’s Tax Relief deal) so that didn’t seem abnormal to me. I read about this year’s deal online on another blog, although I noticed that most deal bloggers were not reporting this deal so I decided to call 3 local stores to verify. It appears there was a language barrier or misunderstanding on their part when I was calling to ask about the tax day promotion the day before. I always suggest you call before heading out to your local store, and I am sorry that I was given incorrect information about this and relayed it on my blog. I try to be extra careful to make sure I have reputable sources on the deals I report. I’ll have to do a Chipotle gift card giveaway in the next month or two to make it up to you all!
- *UPDATE* Dairy Queen will park its Blizzardmobile and give out Mini Blizzards to taxpayers and accountants outside the IRS Building in DC, at 10th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW reportedly only from 12 noon t0 1 pm. Dairy Queen is celebrating the 25th birthday of the Blizzard and has sent its Blizzardmobile on a 25-city, five-month tour across the U.S. and Canada. No coupon necessary. For more info read here. Thanks FunandFrugal20s blog post, Washington Business Journal article, and a tweet from PR Diva Rach on Twitter!
- *UPDATE* Crepe Amour is offering a free nutella crepe from 3 pm – 5 pm. They are located at 3201 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20007. Phone number: 202-625-6625. I called and spoke with an employee there who confirmed this free offer. No coupon necessary. Thanks Kat S. on the Yelp Washington Free Food Thread!
Happy Tax Day everyone! And check out my other post here on discounted food and other goodies available on Tax Day here in the Northern Virginia and DC Metropolitan area.